Navigate to the Branding tab and click on New Learner Interface Settings.
Scroll down to Learner Dashboard Widgets and make sure the Announcement Board widget is enabled. If necessary, use the ⬆ and ⬇ buttons to change where the widget will appear on the Learner home screen. Finally, click on Edit Cards to add an announcement.
On the next page, there are several settings you can use to customize the announcement.
- Active Announcement Card: This option determines whether the card is visible to users. Turn this off to hide a card.
- Announcement Dismiss Date on Learner Homepage: Choose how the card can be removed. Currently only manual deletion is supported, with more options being added in the future.
- Announcement Category (A): Title/category text that is displayed at the top of an announcement card.
- Announcement Description (B): The main text that is used for the announcement's body.
- Upload Image/Video (C): This image or video will be displayed on the announcement card.
- URL (D): Enter the URL that the announcement button should link to.
- URL Label (D): Customize the button's text.
- Announcement Card Visibility: Shows which Groups can currently view the announcement and toggles the Card Visibility settings panel.
- Card Visibility Configurator: Use the checkboxes to select the Groups that the announcement will be visible to.
- Update: Use this button to save your changes.
A. Announcement Category
B. Announcement Description
C. Announcement Image/Video
D. URL/URL Label
Once you're done, just click Update to save your changes and repeat for any other announcements you want to post.